Monday, November 29, 2010

Just another Thanksgiving

Just finished another Thanksgiving holiday with my family. It is now more than 60 years that we have had a Jones family get together at this time of the year. Hard to imagine, that my folks are in their 80's, my brother and I are in our 60's, and my youngest daughter, Ellen, just turned 30! The three grandsons certainly kept us hopping, and to see the family smile as our youngest grandson Ian stood for the first time was extra special. Of course this was holding on to the leg of the card table that we were using to play Trivial Pursuit. Ian was under this table lifting himself, being much in the center of our family's activities.

My middle daughter Lesley, presented me with a hard back book of my blogs, The Jones Genealogist. How special this was to receive her love as a gift which required much effort and time. She had arranged the blogs and pictures to capture my words.

My oldest daughter Lisa's son Sam, was a joy. He led the other two grandsons, Will and Ian, in a melody of memories.

Just another Thanksgiving...well not quite.

5 comments:

  1. It was a wonerful weekend! The best place on earth is being surrounded by our family!

    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear you liked the book! Lesley was so excited to get it for you. What a sweet gift from a sweet girl!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely gift and really original too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dad...I feel so at home with you. Can't wait to share all our memories and stories with our boys. I love you big ones.

    -Ellen

    ReplyDelete