Saturday, November 6, 2010

Generations

My Y-chromosome in Kentucky comes down to me in the follow way:

Me = The 50's Generation = The Vietnam War Generation

Dad (Henry Edward Jones) = The WW II Generation

Pap paw (Joseph Wheeler Jones) = The WW I Generation

E.T. (Edward Turner Jones) = The Re-construction Generation

W.C. (William Carter Jones) = The Civil War Generation

Thomas Jones = The War of 1812 Generation

Nicholas Jones = The Revolutionary War Generation.

How sad that almost each generation can be grouped by war! What generation are you?

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. I wanted to name Jason Nicholas but it was nixed by Don. Little did I know I would have named him after one of our Grandfathers!! Also, my Father's sister married a Shackleford. Nan has met Faye Shackleford Hildreth. Small world.

    ReplyDelete